Blog Archive

Monday, May 2, 2022

How It Started

A really nice care package was delivered to me a few days before Valentine's Day.  Among the thoughtful items was a Bible Word Search book.  It sat on my dining room table for a couple weeks before I flipped through it.  This particular puzzle book contained passages from the Bible with several of the words highlighted in the passage as the words hidden in the letter grid.

I jumped on the Internet.  After researching A LOT of puzzle books, I found that a few of the Bible based word search books were formatted like the one I had with a passage and words pulled from it for the puzzle, but NONE of the other books were like it.  ALL of the other word search books were the same:  letter grid with a list of words below or on the side.  Some had images of the the puzzle's subject, some had hidden messages and some were more artistic with a colorable background image...but, the grids and lists were still the same.

A light bulb appeared over my head (really!).  That's when I decided to give it a try.  I had no idea what I was doing or how I'd accomplish it, but I figured it out and just started writing short, mini stories.  It's a lot of fun writing nonsensical stories.

I'm at about the 95%-finished-with-the-stories stage, but still have a great deal of editing.  Hope to be finished about the third week of May for an early June publication.  I'll keep you posted!

FINGERS CROSSED!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Can You Handle It?? 🤔

This is a sample of a GeoWordBlox™ Puzzle that'll be found in the new book I'm creating. I'm seeking testers to help me create m...