Blog Archive

Tuesday, May 3, 2022

The Steps for Creating the Book

One more story and the writing part will be finished.  Then comes editing. 😝  I will probably have to hire a professional editor after my sister and I go through it.  I mean, what do I know about publishing a book??  Zero.  Anyways, what I've learned so far has made it a fun and enlightening journey.

There are several steps to get to this point:

Step 1.  Write the story

Step 2.  Choose the puzzle words (keep a spreadsheet of words to avoid duplicates)

Step 3.  Create the puzzle & solution

Step 4.  Format the story, letter grid and solution pages

Step 5.  Create a few hidden messages (that's another whole process)

Step 6.  Create a separate message (and another whole process)

Step 7.  Create any other pages (title page, copyright page, contents, etc.)

Step 8.  Come up with a book name and create an eye-catching cover

Step 9.  Edit, edit, edit (corrections have to be made in 5 different places)

Step 10.  Submit for publication (hopefully it will be accepted on the first try).  

I think that's everything.  I use CorelDraw 2021 for creating the pages.

This book will have 40 mini stories, about 800 puzzle words, 9 hidden messages and one separate message... a total of 100 pages.  It's VERY DIFFERENT than any other word search book you've seen.  I started it at the end of February/early March and hope to submit it for publishing by the end of May.  🤞  To be notified when it's published, please join my email list... Rusty Bay Publications Email Opt-In

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask!

That's it for now, till next time.  CYA!

-- Teri

No comments:

Post a Comment

Can You Handle It?? 🤔

This is a sample of a GeoWordBlox™ Puzzle that'll be found in the new book I'm creating. I'm seeking testers to help me create m...